Environmental components of wellness
Environmental wellness is rooted in having places to live and work that are safe for you emotionally and physically. It encompasses how we care for the environment, as well as how we create environments that are free from violence and the threat of violence.
In this dimension of wellness, you are engaged in taking responsibility for your personal safety and the safety of the environment. You take actions that keep you safe, and contribute to the well-being of the environment in which you live.
- Reducing your risk of low back pain and sciatica
- Excess noise: Bad for your mind and body
- Hearing protection
- Avoiding an earful of trouble: Dealing with changes in pressure
- Water, water everywhere, but is it safe to swim?
- Weather awareness information
- Sexual assault treatment services
- Recognizing domestic abuse
- Help for abusive men
- Task Force on Family Violence
- Working outdoors: Rodent, snake and insect awareness
- Keeping your kids safe in the car
- Back to school, safe and sound
- Biological agents
- Electrical safety
- Eye safety at work
- Summer's bounty
- Love and matters of the heart
- Tips to avoid a carjacking
- Classes and events at Aurora that promote health and wellness