Social components of wellness
- "It is better to contribute to the common welfare of our community than to think only of ourselves."
- "It is better to live in harmony with others and our environment than to live in conflict with them."
National Wellness Institute
Social wellness involves contributing to one's environment and community. It emphasizes the interdependence between others and nature. It involves an awareness of your importance in society as well as the impact you have on multiple environments.
In this dimension of wellness, you take an active part in improving our world by encouraging healthier living and initiating better communication with those around you. You discover the power to make willful choices to enhance personal relationships, important friendships and build a better living space and community.
- The importance of relationships
- Developing healthy friendships
- Tips for enhancing relationships
- Difficult people: How to deal and when to ditch
- Marriage and family therapy
- Coping with the loss of a relationship
- Overcoming fear of intimacy
- Leaving loneliness behind
- Taking risks in love and life
- Have you and your loved ones completed an Advance Directive?
- Back to school safely
- Got love?
- Love and matters of the heart
- Classes and events at Aurora that promote health and wellness