Ninnemann, nutrition services manager and chef at Aurora Medical Center – Hartford and Aurora Medical Center – Grafton, and Peggy Wawryzniak, dietitian with Aurora Wellness Services, show how to prepare grilled portabella pitas.
Recipe: Grilled Portabella Pitas
4 6" round pita bread
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
6 oz. portabella mushroom caps
8 slices, ¼ inch thick, tomato
2 oz. feta cheese
½ cup basil, fresh chiffonade (shredded or finely cut)
1 cup arugula
- Combine garlic and oil, brush evenly over pita. Set aside.
- Clean gils out of portabella mushroom caps. Sprinkle half salt/pepper over mushrooms.
- Grill for 6 minutes, turning halfway, until tender. Cut into 3rds.
- Grill mark sliced tomatoes, 1 minute each side.
- Grill mark pita bread on both sides.
- Remove pita from grill, top with 1/4 cup arugula, 2 slices grilled tomato, 3 pieces of portabella.
- Top with 1oz feta cheese and fresh basil.
Calories 293 kcal
Carbs 41 g
Fat 5 g
Protein 14 g
Sodium 903 mg
The information presented in this site is intended for general information and educational purposes. It is not intended to replace the advice of your own physician. Contact your physician if you believe you have a health problem.