Joe Ninnemann, nutrition services manager and chef at Aurora Medical Center – Hartford and Aurora Medical Center – Grafton, and Kayla Gorman, a registered dietitian with Aurora Health Care, demonstrate how to prepare grilled salmon fillet with blueberry compote.
Recipe: Grilled Salmon Fillet with Blueberry Compote
4 boneless salmon filets — 3 oz. each
1 ½ cup blueberries, fresh washed
1 teaspoon sage, fresh chopped
½ teaspoon black pepper ground
¼ cup croutons, crushed
¼ teaspoon orange zest
2 Tablespoon orange juice
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ cup sage, fresh chopped
¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
1 lemon wedge and sage leaf garnish
Nonstick spray for the grill
- Place half of the blueberries in a mixing bowl, mash using a fork or potato masher.
- Add the remaining blueberries, 1 teaspoon sage and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix well, cover and refrigerate.
- Mix croutons, zest, orange juice, sage and black pepper in a mixing bowl. Add oil and mix well to moisten.
- Spray grill with nonstick spray. Place salmon on grill over medium heat. Grill for 5 minutes, turn fish.
- Once fish is turned, top evenly with crouton mixture.
- Continue to cook for 6-8 minutes or until minimum internal temp reaches 155 degrees.
- Remove from grill, spoon over blueberry sauce/compote. Garnish with lemon wedge and fresh sage.
Carbs 13 g
Fat 11 g
Protein 23 g
Sodium 27 mg
The information presented in this site is intended for general information and educational purposes. It is not intended to replace the advice of your own physician. Contact your physician if you believe you have a health problem.