Mike Watson, executive chef, and Heather Klug, registered dietitian, show you how to prepare a delicious tequila lime chicken.
It combines the good health of chicken, which is high in protein and low in saturated fat, with the fun of a touch of tequila. Of course, the alcohol evaporates during grilling.
Recipe: Tequila Lime Chicken on the Grill
4 chicken breasts, 5oz
1 Tablespoon tequila
1 ½ Tablespoons lime juice
½ cup lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons salad oil (or olive oil)
1 ½ teaspoons salt
1 scant teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons oregano
1 scant teaspoon basil
- If chicken is frozen, thaw in the refrigerator.
- In mixing bowl, combine tequila, juices and oil. Whisk well. Set aside for later.
- In separate mixing bowl, add dry spices. Mix well by hand.
- Spread chicken out in a single layer in a pan. Sprinkle seasoning mixture over the chicken.
- Pour liquid mixture over chicken. Allow to rest in refrigeration overnight.
- Cook on grill at medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes or until chicken’s internal temp is 165 degrees.
Carbs 1 g
Protein 23 g
The information presented in this site is intended for general information and educational purposes. It is not intended to replace the advice of your own physician. Contact your physician if you believe you have a health problem.