Our Leading Cardiovascular Care
For over 50 years, we’ve helped to develop the heart and vascular care that has become today’s standard of treatment. As a result, you can be confident that you are receiving the most advanced care from experts in treating heart, vein, chest and lung conditions.
Our doctors have developed a number of firsts, including:
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR): We have the largest and most experienced Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program in Wisconsin. We’ve helped nearly 1,000 people who are unable to have surgical heart valve replacement, and 100% of our TAVR procedures have been successful. Read more about transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- 4-D ultrasound: We’re the first health care system in the world to use new 4-D cardiovascular ultrasound technology from GE Healthcare, helping to see the heart like never before. Learn more about heart and vascular testing and diagnosis.
- Leadless pacemaker: We are the first in Wisconsin to implant a minimally invasive leadless pacemaker, offering faster recovery time for patients. Find out more about cardiac electrophysiology.
- Heart transplant leaders: We completed Wisconsin’s first heart transplant in 1968 – just one year after the first heart transplant in the world. We’ve completed almost 900 transplants, more than any other health care system in the state. Read more about heart transplant.
- Ventricular assist devices (VADs): We’re a leader in ventricular assist devices (VADs) for people with advanced heart failure. We’ve implanted nearly 800 VADs since 1986. Find out about our VAD program.
- Hybrid ablation for AFib: We’re the first health care provider in Wisconsin to pioneer the hybrid ablation technique to treat patients with atrial fibrillation. We also provided the first atrial defibrillator implant in the U.S., the first catheter ablation in Wisconsin and the first epicardial catheter ablation of AFib in America. Learn more about hybrid ablation surgery.
Learn more about our cardiovascular services and treatments.