Unmatched Heart & Vascular Facilities & Expertise
Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center houses our hybrid surgical suites, where surgeons and cardiac electrophysiologists work side by side to provide complex and highly efficient heart and vascular treatment. Here, our experts access our advanced diagnostic and surgical technology, including the world’s first 4-D heart ultrasound cardiovascular imaging.
Aurora St. Luke’s is also home to:
- Innovations in vascular care: We are the only health system in Wisconsin that offers the pBranch device to treat aneurysms (bulges in arteries) near the kidney. We are among a few places in the United States to provide customized abdominal aortic aneurysm stent grafts for unusually shaped aneurysms. Learn more about our vascular services.
- Specialized cardiothoracic anesthesia program: Dedicated cardiothoracic anesthesiologists manage your anesthesia care before, during and after cardiac (heart) surgery. Our experts take care of you during a procedure and provide an important link between you and your surgeon. Learn more about cardiothoracic anesthesia.
- Advanced treatment for heart failure: We’re leaders in ventricular assistant devices (VAD). Our VAD program is among the largest in Wisconsin. We provide approved artificial heart devices and offer clinical trial opportunities for devices that aren’t yet widely available. Learn more about ventricular assist devices (VADs).
Leading the Way in Cardiovascular Care
The team at Aurora St. Luke’s has developed a number of firsts, including:
- Minimally invasive aortic valve replacement: We have the largest and most experienced Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) program in Wisconsin. Doctors and researchers worldwide recognize us as a leader in this minimally invasive procedure. Learn more about transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR).
- Leaders in heart transplant: Aurora St. Luke’s surgeons performed the Midwest’s first heart transplant in 1968. Since 1982, we’ve completed more heart transplants than any other health care system in the state. Read more about heart transplant.
- Hybrid procedure for AFib: We’re the first and only hospital in Wisconsin, and one of only a few in the nation, to offer a hybrid ablation technique to treat patients with atrial fibrillation. The hybrid technique provides healthier results compared to catheter ablation, the previous standard. Find out more about our hybrid ablation procedure.