It’s important to find a primary care provider you trust, and who you feel comfortable talking to and working with. Here are 5 helpful hints when choosing a doctor:
- Use the Aurora Doctor Search Tool. Get to know our doctors by watching our brief, candid video interviews. You’ll learn a little about them, their specialties and their approach so you can choose the one who’s right for you. You can also search our doctors by specialty and location to find one who fits your needs.
- Make sure your insurance includes Aurora doctors. To help save you time, review the list of insurance providers that typically cover Aurora Health Care primary care services.
- Ask people you trust who their doctor is. Talk to your family, friends and colleagues. Who is their primary care doctor? How did they choose? Are they happy?
- Check that the doctor can meet your needs. Do you and your family need a doctor who speaks another language? Do you need someone who can see you outside normal office hours? Consider your needs and find a doctor who can provide them.
- Know your options. There are several types of primary care providers, including:
These doctors care for people of all ages. They have general training in pediatrics, gynecology and geriatric medicine.
These doctors specialize in caring for adults. They diagnose and treat complex illnesses and provide preventive care.
These doctors specialize in caring for newborns, infants, children and teens. They also provide well-child exams, screenings and immunizations, and care for children who have special health needs.
Women’s Health (OB/GYN):
These doctors specialize in caring for women. They provide well-woman care and annual screenings, as well as prenatal care and labor and delivery services for pregnant women.
These medical professionals work under a doctor’s supervision. They perform exams, diagnose diseases and prescribe medicine.
These nurses have advanced training and work as part of a team with a doctor. They perform exams, diagnose diseases and prescribe medicine.