Aurora's Second Opinion Program Connects You With Experts in Wisconsin
Uncertain, Uncomfortable, Unclear or Unsettled? Be Confident In Your Selection of Care.
A trusted medical second opinion can empower you with answers, information, understanding, a new perspective and options – so you can make more informed choices about the care you receive and play an active role in your own health care decisions.
When you seek a second opinion from Aurora, you will talk directly with one of our highly trained, experienced registered nurses. With Aurora, you won’t reach an automated answering machine that has you pressing buttons for service. Calls are answered 24/7. If you call after hours an operator will take your name and phone number and a Second Opinion Nurse Coordinator will return your call the next business day.
For questions, or to schedule a second opinion appointment:
Please call us toll-free at 888-649-6892 or submit a second opinion request online
Our Second Opinion Nurse Coordinator takes the time to answer your questions, gain an understanding of your situation, determine your specific needs and schedule a second opinion appointment to best meet those needs. The nurse also is uniquely qualified to:
- Arrange for your medical records and tests results to be transferred.
- Organize records for efficient physician review.
- Facilitate and coordinate second opinion appointments as close to your home as possible, or at another Aurora location of your choice.
- Assist you in navigating each aspect of your second opinion and offer you access to an entire system dedicated to your care.
During Your Second Opinion Appointment
- The physician will review and evaluate your condition with you.
- You will be able to discuss your original diagnosis and any new assessments.
- You will also have the opportunity to review procedures and ask questions about available and appropriate treatment options.
Aurora’s Second Opinion Program offers you one access point to consult with some of the leading experts in a variety of medical specialties, including:
Aurora Health Care offers second opinions for other specialty areas as well.
Aurora's Experienced Physician Specialists and Surgeons Consistently Pursue the Latest Advancements in Diagnostics and Treatment
Our physicians offer efficient, convenient, comprehensive and personal health care services, backed by medical excellence, state-of-the-art technology and the vast resources of Aurora Health Care, including:
- Our nationally recognized cardiac program, offering the expertise of some of the nation’s leading cardiac physicians and high-quality, innovative heart care.
- Excellence in cancer care with the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies, specialty physicians, personalized care and the latest medications and therapies.
- Progressive neuroscience capabilities with cutting edge therapies and internationally and nationally recognized programs in epilepsy, Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis.
- A leading organ transplant program that excels in organ preservation, transplant surgery and care of transplant patients.
- Access to clinical trials and advanced technologies such as Cyberknife® radiosurgery, robotic-assisted surgery and state-of-the-art imaging capabilities.
Never hesitate to seek a medical second opinion. It is your health, and your peace of mind that matters. If you are uncertain about whether you should seek a second opinion, consider this:
- Obtaining a second opinion is a normal and accepted aspect of comprehensive care. Your physician should respect your decision to gather as much information as possible regarding your own health.
- During your second opinion appointment, the physician will evaluate your condition with you. You will be able to discuss your original diagnosis and any new assessments. You will also have the opportunity to review procedures and available treatment options.
- You choose who receives your second opinion report. Aurora Health Care will release your report only to the individuals you name. This may include your primary care provider, a referring physician or another specialist involved in your care.
- There is never an obligation to choose Aurora, or our physicians, for treatment following a second opinion.
- Second opinions are so respected some of the major insurance companies require an expert medical second opinion prior to treatment.
- Your second opinion appointments are billed to your insurance provider. While most insurance companies offer coverage for second opinions, it is best to check with your health insurance provider prior to your appointment.
A Second Opinion Could Provide the Solution You’ve Been Searching For
For questions, or to schedule a second opinion appointment, please call us toll-free at 888-649-6892. You can also obtain a second opinion by clinical specialty: