Aching. Burning. Throbbing. Don’t suffer with varicose or spider veins. Let us offer you relief from pain – and help improve the appearance of your legs.
Our experts provide minimally invasive, safe and effective outpatient procedures to treat vein conditions, such as varicose veins and spider veins. We’ll work with you to learn your personal goals and find the treatment option right for you.
Varicose veins: Varicose veins is a common, chronic condition that occurs when vein walls weaken and stretch, allowing blood to pool and create visibly bulging veins, usually in the legs. Varicose veins affect 70% of women and 30% of men worldwide.
Spider veins: Spider veins are thin, threadlike veins that are often red or purple in appearance on the skin. Spider veins are visible due to how close they are to the skin’s surface.
We offer a variety of options to manage varicose and spider veins with minimal or no scarring and quick recovery. They include:
- Sclerotherapy involves injections of concentrated FDA-approved solutions into the affected veins. The solution causes them to collapse and eventually disappear. Blood flow then shifts to nearby healthy veins. Often several sessions are required, scheduled 4 to 6 weeks apart.
- Ambulatory phlebectomy involves making tiny incisions in your skin to remove veins that are close to the surface. It’s frequently performed with a local anesthetic and often does not require stitches.
- Laser surgery uses light energy to seal veins closed and make them fade away.
- Endovenous ablation therapy uses heat from lasers or radio waves (delivered via a catheter, or thin tube) to close off varicose veins.
- Endoscopic vein surgery is performed through a catheter using a surgical device on the end of a tiny camera to close the vein. This procedure is usually used in severe cases, when varicose veins are causing skin ulcers.
- Vein stripping and ligation is an older procedure rarely needed anymore. It is a two-part procedure performed at the same visit. During ligation, a vein is surgically tied off and then “stripped” or removed. Often, your doctor will remove the vein using a minimally invasive surgical procedure called venous ablation.
You don’t have to live with unsightly veins and leg pain. Let us improve your health – and boost your confidence! Visit us at one of the convenient locations below.
Aurora Health Center
8400 Washington Avenue, West Building
Racine, WI 53406
Aurora Health Center
146 E. Geneva Square
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
Aurora West Allis Medical Center
8901 W. Lincoln Avenue
West Allis, WI 53227
Aurora Medical Center in Burlington
Medical Office Building
248 McHenry Street
Burlington, WI 53105