Aurora Psychiatric Hospital utilizes the services of Recovery Associates to assist our staff members to help guide our patients on the path toward life-long sobriety.
AA/NA/CA orientation - lead 12-Step orientation Groups (meet with groups of patients to explain how 12-Step programs work, answer questions and discuss patients’ concerns),
- serve as a temporary sponsor and/or mentor
- speaking - talk one on one with patients reluctant to give meetings a try, help patients transition to 12-step meetings in the community
- job/work mentoring - willing to help Dewey patients in their job hunting, writing a resume, prepping for an interview and handling tough questions? Do you know of recovery-friendly employers?
- accompanying patients from Dewey Center to the Lighthouse
Family-focused activities: Help greet families, participate in the discussion, share your experiences supporting a loved one new to recovery. Work with staff to improve these offerings so we provide families with information they really need.
- Wednesday Evening Family Education Program
Social / Recreational / Leisure Activities:
- Help coordinate Lighthouse events (movie nights, music performances, dinners, etc.)
- Creating event flyers and promotional material
- Share a hobby, craft and/or activity
Lighthouse meeting support /staffing
- Assist in opening and closing the facility
- Direct attendees to the appropriate meetings
- Make coffee for the specific groups
- Set up rooms to accommodate each group
- Observe guest behavior and report any issues
- General light housekeeping
For additional information, contact: