During the aging process, facial muscles weaken and skin loses collagen, the material that keeps it firm and youthful. If you’re bothered by signs of aging, a facelift and neck lift can help.
Facelifts (rhytidectomies) and neck lifts are surgeries that reduce signs of aging. During the process, surgeons reposition muscle and often remove excess fat and skin for a more youthful look. They can reduce:
- Double chins caused by loose skin and fat under the chin and jaw
- Jowls caused by loss of muscle tone in the neck and lower part of the face
- Puffiness, sagging, wrinkles and discoloration in the skin around the eyes
- Sagging skin in the cheeks
- Vertical lines between the sides of the nose and the corners of the mouth