During your consultation, your surgeon will discuss the procedure and answer any questions you have. You’ll also discuss the size and shape of the nose you’d like, as well as surgery options.
There are 2 types of nose-reshaping surgery:
- Closed rhinoplasty: incisions are made inside the nose
- Open rhinoplasty: incisions are made on the base of the nose between the nostrils
During nose reshaping, you’ll have anesthesia so you won’t feel any pain. Your procedure might involve:
- Inserting nasal implants to help support the shape and structure of your nose
- Removing cartilage from the bridge, tip or sides of your nose
- Removing small wedges of skin
- Repositioning the bone to straighten your nose
- Reshaping the cartilage in your nose
As you recover, you’ll have bandages on your nose. Your doctor may also put a splint on your nose bridge or small splints in your nostrils while you heal.